Thursday, May 29, 2008

the Unsustainable Lifestyle

I recently caught up on all things happening with one of my favorite DC bands Beauty Pill. Seems singer/songwriter/producer/mastermind Chad Clark had an infection in his heart earlier this year. Apparently a heart infection is just as likely to happen as being struck by lightning. The heart isn't made to handle infections, so his swelled, resulting in him needing open heart surgery. This was in March. Everything worked successfully and he has been recovering well.
I've met Chad Clark on a few occasions in Chicago when Beauty Pill came through. He is a genuine person with a strong sense of all things music. He has produced a great deal of music out of his studio in DC. He's darn good at pushing the boundaries of the creation of music.
Looking back, it's hard to believe that this song (the first Beauty Pill song I heard) came out in 2001. Seven years ago and I still listen to it (and include it in mixtapes for friends) all the time. Good luck with the recovery Mr. Clark.
The Cigarette Girl from the Future - Beauty Pill
I'm happy that Chad Clark is recovering well and can't wait to hear the new creations from this terribly creative band.

1 comment:

sarah + john said...

Hi, Bobby... I include this song on almost every introductory mix I make, too. It just never sounds bad or dated or anything but cool.

It got to the point where I'd included it on three consecutive mixes for the same person, having forgotten I already did. I just couldn't leave it out...