Friday, June 6, 2008

strange happening

A month ago Stacey and I took a trip to Dallas Texas to attend her brother John's wedding. It was a fun weekend and it came at a perfect time. We were a few weeks in to getting the business proposals written and lining everything up for the business plan and all that. We forced ourselves to take the weekend off and enjoy the surroundings of Dallas Texas. Neither of us had ever been - and we were in need of spending some quality time with the Hallal family.
While Stacey was doing some girl things with the bride to be, I spent an afternoon at the Dallas zoo with Stacey's nephews Joseph & Jeremy: (here they are in a forced photo op)
It was a great way to spend an afternoon. If you're ever in Dallas I recommend the zoo - along with the Spongebob ride.
The morning of the wedding (which didn't start until the afternoon) We decided to visit the JFK Memorial Museum/tour. Why not? We're in Dallas. While there we see a man on the street giving his personal/private tour. He shows pictures from the day of the assassination, where he was 40-some years ago - he's giving his first hand accounts of what happened. While listening to this man talk I look up across the small crowd that has gathered and I see someone I know from Chicago. Here we are in Dallas Texas in early May (a place I had never been) and I see Heather Bland - A girl I knew from ComedySportz in Chicago at the same place at this same time. Weird. To be in a city we had never been to, 8 months after leaving the city I had always lived - to run into somebody I would sometimes see in a place as emotional as the JFK assassination site on the day of a wedding... It was a strange time and place to say the least.

No comments: