Monday, November 10, 2008

Obscurity

There's something about obscure bands that interest me. Whether they use weird instruments in unique ways, or they just stay out of the public eye - there's something I enjoy more from a band that is alright with being a little further out there than most.
Here's a collection of some of the more obscure bands I've been enjoying lately.

Obcurities Mixtape
01 Western Keys - gettin' sick
02 Pale Young Gentlemen - the crook of my good arm
03 Call Me Lightning - filthy information
04 Gotye - hearts a mess
05 Margot & the Nuclear So & So's - hello, vagina
06 Parenthetical Girls - song for ellie greenwich
07 Pilotdrift - dancing bear
08 Kay Kay & His Weathered Underground - hey momma
09 Moscow Olympics - second trace
10 the Make*Up - don't step on the children
11 the Tiny - in my back
12 Tom Daily - reese witherspoon
13 Shugo Tokumaru - clocca
14 Bombay Bicycle Club - evening/morning
15 the Radio Dept. - 1995
16 This Town Needs Guns - dog
17 the Bishops - will you ever come back again
18 Taken by Trees - lost and found
19 Get Well Soon - if this hat is missing I have gone hunting
20 Tom Heinl - I love

No comments: