Friday, September 17, 2010

France arrival

We traveled nine hours into the future over the course of the day/night. I am writing you to let you know - it looks good. I realized that I will not be able to post any of the pictures that I'm taking, so I will have to go back and update each blog post I make while I'm here in France, because my phone has to send my pictures to my account.
I used to be able to plug in my phone and access it like a hard drive, but A) I didn't bring any firewire cables and B) My new phone doesn't even operate that way...
So - I will write up what I want to write and do my best to remember to post pictures at a later date.
We left Portland around 10:30 Thursday morning and flew 25 whole minutes to Seattle.
We then left Seattle headed for Paris around 1:15 pm Thursday afternoon. We arrived in Paris at 8:45 am Friday morning, boarded a train and made it to our hotel.
We unpacked our stuff and went out in search of a light lunch. We found some decent stuff (pictures of funny-named boulangerie stuff and crazy meringue things). Got a good picture of Stacey taking a bite of a gigantic coffee meringue.

It's lovely. Now we have to do our best to stay awake until 9pm tonight - we're fighting off jet lag. ugh.

No comments: