Thursday, March 20, 2008

big news from camp curious

Many good things have suddenly been happening this week. Along with the Neutrino Project opening in 8 days (exciting) we have possibly found a space to call our own.
It's a shell of a building with 3500 square feet of emptiness on the inside... which means we'll have to plan it out and build it however we want. There's a lot to consider when you talk about building a theater from nothing. Stage, backstage, seating, tech booth, lobby, bathrooms, etc. etc. etc. it's a little overwhelming.

second piece of great news:
Stacey's animated short Ruby Rocket has just been picked up to be turned into a series.
They made a development deal (by 'they' I mean Stacey and her partner Sam) with a company who is fronting them a bunch o' money so they can write and create 5 more episodes in the same style as the pilot they created:


third:
I've been asked to coach a local longform group (formerly known as 5 days shy) and I couldn't be more pleased. I didn't realize how much I missed coaching until I started with these guys. That was a big part of my life in Chicago. I was coaching/directing more often than I was rehearsing or performing. It's something I'm good at and I enjoy doing. I've been introducing the crew to new forms, which is probably my favorite part of coaching a longform team.

four:
Swingers is going. It's our longform show that the six of us Curious Board members do Saturday nights at 10:30. We had over 20 people there for our first show, which is way beyond what I was expecting. It was a decent show that will only get better the more we play.

hooray.

No comments: