Thursday, March 13, 2008

mid March 2008

There has been a lot of good music released lately. There has been a lot of good music pre-released/leaked lately as well... so it's a good time for music.
SXSW is happening this week - and being in Portland, OR (the NW Austin) I feel a little out of it.
Seems I'm in flux.
My day job, while the work environment is fine - is getting monotonous. I spend the majority of my 9 hour workday sitting in front of a computer looking for something to keep me entertained. The worst part of it is I have things I can be doing (writing reviews, researching writing assignments, etc) but I'm not motivated to do any of it while I sit at my work desk. I try to manufacture the feeling of motivation, but I have found no successful way to do it.
The Portland Neutrino Project opens in two weeks, which will certainly keep me busy - and I just started shooting the opening credit sequences. My plan for them is pretty big and will take a lot of work to complete. I'm hoping to get it done in the next 9 days. All the actors are coupled up and we shoot a genre-specific "scene" for their opening credits. It makes sense in my head, but is hard to explain. Hopefully I'll complete it and post it here in the next two weeks.
We also have a long-form show called SWINGERS opening this Saturday night. I don't expect much of a turn out for it, but you never know. I'm looking forward to having a run of longform shows again, but I know it will be difficult to retain that energy if the houses are small. Hopefully people will be interested. We'll see...

It's rainy.
Afterall, it is Portland.

PS - I'm pretty sure this is for real - and it makes me laugh.

No comments: