Wednesday, December 24, 2008

seeing the beauty

I've noticed the snow has been getting a little under my skin lately, so I've made a decision to turn it around. It's Christmas eve and I'm working and broke (how does that happen?) My family and a lot of my friends are hundreds of miles away, but I am not down about it. I am in Portland under a foot and a half of snow with my little guy Arlo, a bunch of great new friends, a beautiful theater - and the best fiance a guy could ask for. Things are great and I'm looking forward to 2009.
Snowday Mixtape
This is a collection of some of the songs I find to be beautiful and perfect in their own way.
the National - secret meeting
Christopher Francis - one
The Week That Was - it's all gone quiet
Texas Is The Reason - there's no way I can talk myself out of this one tonight (the drinking song)
Parenthetical Girls - entanglement
TV on the Radio - bomb yourself
Rahim - shut off the light
Man Man - 10 lb. moustache
Radiohead - knives out
Smart Went Crazy - I liked you better when you were sick
Q and not U - this are flashes
Pleasure Forever - this is the zodiac speaking
Joy Zipper - the power of alan watts
Pinback - shag
the Teeth - peter goes to 43rd street
Grizzly Bear - blackcurrant jam
Neutral Milk Hotel - song against sex
John Vanderslice - keep the dream alive
Bound Stems - winston
the Black Heart Procession - fingerprints

No comments: