Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chicago recap

I am sitting in Chicago's O'Hare Airport awaiting my delayed flight back home to Portland. I suppose it hasn't happened all that much to me in my life, so I was bound to be forced to spend FAR TOO MUCH TIME IN AN AIRPORT OR TWO sooner or later.
Anyway, I had a great visit with my family. I really love all these great/crazy people. I wouldn't be who I am today without 'em.
The highlights of my day, so far:
I've been here for five days. Each day saw clear skies and temperatures in the 60's. It was incredible. Of course today, the day I leave - I wake up to this: Snow. I guess it's mid/late March in Chicago, so I shouldn't be surprised... but really? The day I leave? Thanks, sour-home Chicago.
Then, I went to the grocery store with my grandmother (Good ol' Jewel/Osco) and saw something that reminded me why Chicago is so special: Bucket O' Ribs. I'll always remember my friend Rich's Second City scene where that was a small punchline. "Bucket O' Ribs".
After getting home and unloading the groceries from the van I told my grandmother I forgot to leave the keys in the van. She told me I should put them back in there now, "otherwise the next time I get in there to go somewhere I'll have to come back inside for the keys and the swearing will begin". Hilarious. I love that lady.

So yeah. I'm heading back home to Portland. I might make it before tomorrow, but you never really know. awesome. Thanks Mother Nature.

No comments: