Friday, March 19, 2010

Chicago

I got to see some great things yesterday. The first one (or two): My good friend Matt robbing his baby Simone. It was so nice to get away from emotional family time to see a good friend and his new baby girl. Not only is she cute, but a great conversationalist...

Simone Larsen talking from Curious Comedy on Vimeo.


After that, I headed over to Second City where my friend Beth got me in to see her ETC show. They are in the middle of the process of transitioning from their last show to the new one. It was great. Everyone in the cast is hilarious and all the sketches worked. I don't know how many of the scenes from the show were new or old, but everything flowed really well and it looked pretty solid already. Hard to believe they're only halfway through the process. Bill (the director) is doing a great job and Tom, Brendan, Mary, Christina, Tim and Beth are brilliant in the show. I guess I've needed some inspiration for the sketch shows we're doing at my theater - and I couldn't have asked for a better show. Congratulations guys, it's going to be amazing.
A nice night away after a difficult and emotional week. Thank you, friends.

No comments: