Monday, March 15, 2010

Rough Monday

It's been a strange few days and it just seems to be getting worse. Right now, I'm sitting in the Phoenix Airport waiting for a flight to Chicago. I left Portland this morning at 5:30 am, got here at 8 am and have been bumped off the first 3 to Chicago. As my last resort, I'm flying from here to Milwaukee Wisconsin at 6:45 pm.
I'm going to Chicago because my Grandfather passed away this weekend. I will miss him more than I can explain on a blog. He was a great man and had a solid impact / influence on my becoming who I am today. Both he and my Grandmother (Nana & Papa) are the greatest people in the world. So kind, funny and family oriented. I love them both dearly and I know this week home in Chicago is not going to be easy for any of us.
The day I found out about Papa's passing, I had an audition for Leverage (the TV show that films in Portland). It was my 3rd audition for the show and I felt like I finally got it right... So, of course - I leave Portland this morning, spend an entire day in the Phoenix airport and find out - I got a callback for Leverage. Of course I did. I could have left Portland on the last flight out to Chicago and made it after going to the callback today, but that's not how it works. So here is my mixtape of Songs from my Trip Through Phoenix:
Airport Waiting Music
Broadcast 2000 - rouse your bones
Man Man - 10 lb moustache
Brasstronaut - six toes
Local Natives - sun hands
Class Actress - journal of ardency
Francoise Hardy - oh oh cheri
Erland and the Carnival - disturbed this morning
the Bee Gees - nights on broadway
Princeton - eminent victorians
Mereva Galanter - bang bang
Fang Island - the Illinoise
Miles Kurosky - notes from the Polish underground
Stereo Total - moi je joue
Pavement - harness your hopes
Sisters of Transisters - sisterhead
Gothic Archies - shipwrecked
Dirty Projectors - remade horizon
Race Horses - pony
Au Secours Aidez - moi
Parenthetical Girls - afterwords

No comments: