Friday, May 29, 2009

Birthday *Rap Up

I'm finally 32 years old! Hooray (horns sound!) Is 32 a big year? My friend David says it's "the year of reflection"? I think I have too much work in my life to spend any time being reflective... Not in a bad way. It's good I'm doing so much, but I should remember to not stretch myself too thin.
Birthday week started with a great show of Grizzly Bear on Sunday night. They are an incredible band that you need to check out at your earliest chance.
Stacey set that up for me, boy is she great.
Monday night was a night of seeing St. Vincent play. Stacey and I saw her open for John Vanderslice on our first long weekend in Portland before we moved here. She was great and crazy, just like I remember her. Stacey set that up for me, boy is she great.
Tuesday night, my actual birthday was quite a day. We started off with a show for our elderly neighbors at LOAVES & FISHES - a place that does Meals on Wheels for the elderly. They came in and asked us to be entertainment for a lunch of seniors. Yikes. It was rough, but Me, Stacey, Bri and Kathryn did our best. Stacey set that up, boy is she still great.
Lunch was at Vita Cafe in NorthEast Portland. Delicious. Stacey, Kathryn, Jeffrey and myself. Lovely.
Tuesday night the Curious Comedy Theater had a buyout for a senior class trip of a high school from Hawaii. It was great. Stacey set that up, too.
Followed by a party at the theater with all my Portland friends... at least all of them who could attend a party late on a Tuesday night.
This girl set it all up for me. She's pretty unbelievable. Thank you, Stacey - for making my 32nd birthday the best it could possibly be. I should thank you more often.

*I started a joke I didn't finish and felt foolish. On Tuesday night, at the party - After Gabe (with 5 minutes to prepare) did his best to roast me, Manuel did a strip tease for me. I think he just wanted to show off his lovely purple velour boxer shorts, but he was dressed very nice and proceeded to slowly undress, tie my hands behind my back (with his tie) and spray silly string all over. It was quite a sight.

No comments: