Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cowboy Suit

I just started using Muxtape, which is a pretty good way of sharing music. You upload songs into a streaming playlist. You can't download any music from there, but you can play it from the site. It's pretty great, but there are a few things I don't understand.
1) You can only make one mix(mux)tape.
2) It asks that every song you upload has been given permission to be used on the site.
(what?)
3) only 12 songs per mix? I guess that's okay.
4) I have no idea how to find the muxes I made... yet.

I'm still figuring a lot of it out.

Today I'm on a huge John Vanderslice appreciation mission, so I uploaded a Vanderslice muxtape: (link)
sometimes a cowboy's just a man in a cowboy suit
also - my Covers mix:
Crimson and Covers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a heads up, if you have issues with the limits at muxtape then check out imeem.com

muxtape isn't the first site to let you upload tunes and share mixes with the world. First, and best of all there was imeem (launched in 2004!), which has since been followed by projectplaylist, mixwit and now muxtape.

blob bladewig said...

Thanks.
I do have an imeem account and I've frequently posted single tracks uploaded to imeem here on this blog.

I think the mixtape feature of muxtape works a little better than that from imeem.