Saturday, April 26, 2008

out with the old

As of Monday, April 21st - I am technically unemployed. The Ad agency I have been working for since October lost a few accounts they were banking on, and therefor let go of 40% of its workforce, including yours truly.
The people and workplace I will miss the most. Everyone in the office was great and the location was ideal. My actual job position could have been better, but it had plenty of down time allowing me to do some freelance writing as well as writing of my own.

I will be collecting unemployment for the first time in my life (which I had to sign up for online and will be getting a 'gift card' for payment... weird).

I have to get something to cover the medical costs of my household. Stacey was covered by my insurance... so now I'll be looking for some work.

In the meantime, we got a theater to open.

oh boy...

No comments: