Tuesday, April 29, 2008

...trail of dead and buried


I've been an on and off fan of ...and you will know us by the Trail of Dead since I first heard their Madonna album in the late 90's. I still enjoy their 'breakout' album Source Tags & Codes but recently I found a copy of their last album So Divided for $3 and I got it. I have been meaning to get it since it came out in 2006. IT IS TERRIBLE. At the end of 2007 singer/songwriter for the band Conrad Keeley came out with tirade after tirade about the big music biz (since his band signed with Interscope in the early 2000's). After hearing this album it makes him look like an even bigger whiny jerk. Did those big, bad record executives make you put out an album of radio ready alt pop? Did you sacrifice your good songmaking for big label dollars -and then turn around and bite that hand?
Sure seems like it.

This has to be one of the worst albums by a good band. I think I'd rather listen to the second Clap Your Hands Say Yeah than this piece of junk. Good work Trail of Dead. yikes.

No comments: