Monday, July 14, 2008

Half of 08

We're past the midway point of 2008 and a lot of great albums have been released this year. Here are my favorites so far, according to what I've listened to the most this year (averaged by how long I've had the albums).
10) Foals - Antidotes

09) Jamie Lidell - Jim

08) Flight of the Conchords - s/t
For a comedy album, this is really good.
07) Pas/Cal - I was raised on Matthew, Mark, Luke and Laura
06) Young Knives - Superabundance
I know very little about this band, but I really enjoy the first half of this snotty british rock album.

05) Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer
I'm pretty sure by the end of the year I will have listened to this album a lot more. It's very good, but I've been busy listening to the next four albums:

04) Deerhunter - Microcastle
(No image at press time) This technically hasn't been released yet, but it's so damn good!

03) Evangelicals - the Evening Descends
This was released in January and it's held up!

02) Man Man - Rabbit Habits

01) the Last Shadow Puppets - the Age of the Understatement For some reason I haven't been able to stop listening to this semi pretentious throwback britpop music.

1 comment:

sarah + john said...

Added mine too: http://www.nopocky.com/?p=92