Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fireworks Day!

(stare at this for 30 seconds without blinking, then look away. America!)
I'm not that patriotic a person, but I thought I'd put together an America themed mixtape for fireworks day, which is what I called the 4th of July growing up.
the American Birthday Mixtape
David Bowie - panic in detroit
Bad Religion - american jesus
the Pixies - u mass
matt pond PA - new hampshire
Smart Went Crazy - dc will do that to you
Mates of State - beehive state
Modest Mouse - ohio
Jawbreaker - ps new york is burning
Tapes 'N Tapes - omaha
Sufjan Stevens - chicago
John Vanderslice - the golden gate
the Rosebuds - back to boston
the Decemberists - los angeles I'm yours
Death Cab For Cutie - lowell, ma
the Get Up Kids - anne arbour
the Dismemberment Plan - the ice of boston
Pavement - blue hawaii
Bishop Allen - last chance america
Elliott Smith - independence day
Spoon - chicago at night

No comments: