Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sell Out

Certainly my favorite Who album, and ultimately one of my most favorite albums - The Who: Sell Out, originally recorded in 1967, it's the third album the band released. A concept album made of songs interspersed with commercial the band recorded. The biggest problem the album had upon its release was the fact that they recorded commercials for actual products and companies. Most of the companies didn't have much of a sense of humor and countered with lawsuits which delayed the release of the album in America.
There was also some irony at the time of the album release, as the Who was actually writing and selling music for commercials for the man.

This collection contains the complete version of Odorono, mixed with the final chorus included at the end. I put that together myself because I love the song so much.
the Who: Sell Out

No comments: