Saturday, September 6, 2008

International Stinger

I have previously mentioned how I've been living in my new city for a year. Portland is a great city and my first year here has included far more successes than setbacks - which makes me enjoy living here that much more.
Every once in a while I find myself with a desire for something I can only get in Chicago - but when I first think of it, I don't realize what it is or where I am. I spent the last ten years of my life in that city and I learned a lot. I got used to a certain lifestyle and surrounded myself with such wonderful people... After being gone a year it sometimes feels like I'm still there.
One of the things I miss the most about Chicago is International Stinger.
I coached that team every Sunday for four years. Over the course of that four years the cast changed, but somehow the team always felt the same. Rehearsals felt the same and quality of shows kept improving. It's crazy to think about how great everyone on that team worked together and has stuck around, committed to the team as a unit. I love and miss everyone who was ever a part of International Stinger. Thanks for being so great and keeping the dream alive!

1 comment:

Edison Girard said...

Awesome. We all miss you Bob.
Man, we were pretty lame when we started. Now look at us.

Matt told us how huge the theater space is. Can't wait to see it.
As an aside; Matt has been such a great addition to Stinger. He's such a great guy, and he brings something very special and crazy to the team.

Also, Chris, Kathy and Matt took loads of pics while we were in Toronto a few weeks ago. Chris is going to burn them all onto a disc and make some copies. We'll have to send (or bring) you one.