Monday, October 20, 2008

New Music to Fall in love with

If you're a fan of Andrew Bird (and if you're not, you should be) you may find yourself falling in love with a new band I recently discovered. They're from Wisconsin and they call themselves the Pale Young Gentlemen. I don't know that much about the band other than that they're a seven piece band featuring 4 men and 3 ladies. They have a wonderful chamber-pop sound (stressing the "pop" much much more than the "chamber"). A lovely blend of Andrew Bird, the Decemberists, Belle & Sebastian and more of your favorite indie pop stars.
Their second album Black Forest (Tra La La) was released earlier this month and it is gorgeous. I'm reserving a spot on my 2008 top ten list for this wonderful record for sure.

Pale Young Gentlemen - Black Forest (Tra La La)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Ok, but can you recommend some music to fall in love TO?

Just got into The Helio Sequence. Thoughts?

blob bladewig said...

Helio Sequence are a pretty good band of two gents. The drummer was in Modest Mouse for a while...
I can't really get into them though, I'm not sure why. I've seen them live twice and I loved them both times, but their albums don't really do it for me.

undecided