Monday, October 13, 2008

Worried Noodles

I have been listening to the David Shrigley compilation called Worried Noodles a lot lately. It's very creative and features many of my favorite bands (as well as a bunch of artists I'd never heard, but now enjoy quite a bit). The song that hooks me in is this one: One - Christopher Francis I don't know much about Christopher Francis, but he has made this song into the perfect mix of creepiness, cleverness and good soundingness. I love it.

David Shrigley is a strange artists who has books filled with quirky, off-center artwork and words. A bunch of indie artists recorded songs with lyrics written by Mr. Shrigley to accompany his book titled Worried Noodles.
A sample of David Shrigley's work:

1 comment:

sarah + john said...

Found an album I thought you might like from last year - The Mumlers - Thickets & Stitches. If you end up hearing it, let me know what you think! xoxo sss.