Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Office Day 2

Scenario City is what I would dub today. Amanda, Sebastian and I spent at least 8 hours today asking logical questions about completely illogical game scenarios and scenes. It's kind of ridiculous how much thought goes into this foolish and random game. I understand why we're doing it. For the Raving Rabbids franchise, this (#4) is by far the most complicated - so we're all taking it very seriously. How could I not take a picture like that with one of these in the room? This is such a fun character to work with, but since it has become so successful - we're under a lot of pressure to keep everything these bunnies do within their specific brand and understanding. Weird.
So now we've got a more difficult task ahead of us. We got all the information about this game - and we've submitted the majority of our mini-game scenarios and talked through them... but now we have to come up with the story that makes it all make sense.
What's so hard about that? I'll bet you're asking yourself.
Well let me tell you... The designers and producer of this game want this game to have a specific ending that can only be unlocked when the player unlocks the game clues in a specific order.
Okay - that I understand. I can handle that.
Also - the secret ending we write has to justify everything that has happened in the game. (What? If you've ever played any Raving Rabbids game you will know that these creatures are crazy and make zero sense.)
Fine, I guess. I can work with that.
Oh, and could you remember to include the some secret world that gets created along the way which justifies the Rabbids behavior throughout the game?
Holy shit.
I guess I can. I mean, I'll try my best. That's a lot to filter, but I'll get through it. I hope it works. Get off me, rabbid.

No comments: