Saturday, November 7, 2009

Paris Trip day 1

I am flying to Paris for a work trip and thought I would document it.
I woke up at a crip 5:45 AM in my bed in Portland, with my dog Arlo and my lady
Stacey by my side. We were out the door and headed to PDX by 6:15. (Thanks, Stacey)
PORTLAND, OR.
The first leg of my trip is a 4 hour 20 minute plane ride to Washington DC. I've never been to Washington DC, but here I am in the Airport. Where I am currently sitting for my two hour layover, paying 6 bucks an hour for internet service. Am I working? Nope, I'm starting my blog update. I did work a fair amount on the plane, so this is my deserved break.
My Destination: Looks like the same place, right?
I spent a little over a week in Paris two years ago working on the same project I'll be there working for now. Gosh, I write good.
So far - not a lot of news. I watched the movie UP on board my first flight. It's good.
Also reading Chuck Klosterman's book, Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs loaned to me by a friend (Thanks Laura.) It's witty.
A lot of people mope around airports. I find myself forcing myself to look cheery. My faux smile isn't too catchy... eek. I guess I can see why.

1 comment:

Edison Girard said...

Oui! Encore, si vous plais.
Looks like a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing more of this week.
Miss you guys!